Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right - Jane Mayer I usually don't read topical or political books. I prefer science, philosophy or history. The only problem with this book is that it was published January 2016 and at the national level something has changed dramatically in the last six months. I wish the book could be updated and highlight how a racist, fascist, misogynist was able to take over a major political party because of the level of anti-science, anti-reason and anti-thought that the billionaires mentioned in this book laid the ground work for. "I'm not racist, I just think a Mexican can't be fair because I'm building a wall". (The judge he speaks about is an American born in East Chicago, Indiana). Also, the addition to the book could explain to me why the Kochs (who seem to control the Republican Party) are not going to fund the monster they created.

"The greatest hoax ever perpetuated on the American People", it's not global warming as Senator Inohofe quoted in this book says it is, but it's the lies foisted upon us through the large amounts of money used to influence elections and elected officials and convince us of lies against reality. Dark money (hidden as well as open political donations) has influenced the majority of the voters in one major political party to believe falsehoods. Global warming is a fact. The science is not in dispute. The planet is warming. The science is settled. Yet, a large majority of one major political party is convinced otherwise. (BTW, Inohofe's book is a hoot. His argument boils down to the fact that God has promised the earth to us as its stewards and therefore it's impossible for us to go against God's will because after all there is something that says something like that in some book written during the iron age. Also, for a treat one day I'd suggest reading the reviews on that book available at Amazon. This book, "Dark Money" doesn't say it, but I would suspect the Inohofe was given a very large advance (a form of dark money) to write that book as a reward for his 'stewardship' on perpetuating ignorance).

I've always wondered how anyone over the age of twelve could possibly deny climate change? I subscribe to multiple science magazines (Discover, Science News, Scientific America, Skeptical Inquirer, Free Inquiry, Smithsonian,Science,....) and the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, and not a one of the magazines or newspapers I read give any credence or support whatsoever to climate deniers in their news sections. But, there is a reason why one major party within the United States overwhelming deny the facts of climate change. This book will tell you how a few self interested billionaires have been able to deny reality and convince people to their point of view no matter how absurd their beliefs might be.