Great Minds of the Western Intellectual Tradition, 3rd Edition

Great Minds of the Western Intellectual Tradition, 3rd Edition - Dennis Dalton, Douglas M. Kellner, Alan Charles Kors, Darren Staloff I just finished re-listening to this 40+ hour lecture series. I got so much more out of it the second time around. This series is my favorite by far. Each lecture in the series ties together as a coherent whole and thus it might not be for all listeners since there is a necessary complexity for understanding the great minds through history. Many of the lectures within the series I have listened to already in the the original course they came from. But, I really appreciate this series as a whole and would strongly recommend it for someone who is getting tired of reading science and philosophy books since they don't seem to be saying anything differently from what I have already read elsewhere, and I'm definitely too lazy to read the original sources of philosophers on my own. This series gives me what the great thinkers said but without the struggle of having to read them (who wants to read all of Hegel just so one can understand him to find out he is really just silly). (less)