The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference - Malcolm Gladwell The author is an incredibly good story teller. He tells us many great stories from the ride of Paul Revere, the resurgent popularity of Hush Puppies, Sesame Street and to the reduction of violence in New York City. He links them all together with the overriding theme of fundamental change (the tipping point) within society. Each of the vignettes are exciting and will keep you on the edge of your seat and support his main narrative. In addition, he provides a survey of the then current state of the art of the relevant science.

The book was originally published in 2002 and his concept of 'connectors' is only enhanced by what has transpired with Facebook and the further development of the internet. The book is still just as relevant today.

After listening, you will quote some of his stories to your friends and will embrace them within yourself as your own version of reality. Any book which makes you see the world in a different way is a good book and this is a good book.

Usually, I don't like it when an author reads his own book. This one is an exception. I wish that all authors who read their own book would first listen to this book and emulate his style since he does such a good job in the reading.