The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths - Michael Shermer The author gives us many anecdotes and stories which are all done better in other books I have listened to with Audible, but no one has them all in once place as this book does. Your choice than would be to listen to about a dozen other good books or listen to this one and sacrifice some quality of exposition.

He almost always gives credit for thoughts he borrowed from other authors and than summarizes them in his own words. (One exception, I don't think he gave credit to Brian Greene when he seemed to be borrowing from him).

The book does read mostly like a series of essays. The author does a workmanlike job of putting the pieces together and does have a interesting theme he is working towards, 'belief comes before understanding', and 'patternicity' and 'agentnicity' influence our beliefs.

The author is not a very good reader and I wished he had hired a professional reader. Soon after I finished this book I started listening to another book by a professional reader and I thought, 'what a difference a good reader makes'.