Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Hinders Scientific Progress, Harms the Planet, and Threatens Our Lives - Michael Specter First, the narrator gives the book the exciting breathless manner the book deserves. Science and education are the best defense we have against the denialist of the scientific method and believers in anecdotal data over reason. Oddly, the best chapter in the book is on Vioxx and how the pharmaceutical companies purposely mislead us on its side effects. That leads to a partial defense wrongly used by anti-immunization zealots justifying their positions for not trusting everything "they" tell us.

I think the book made the conflict of science against denialist a little more pessimistic than things really are. I'm betting on science to win out.

BTW, for the author, if your writing a book on science make sure you get all of your science right. You made a brief statement that how following science would lead one with iron deficiency to eat more iron. Read the book "Half Life of Facts" on how spinach does not contain loads of iron and is just a falsehood.