Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking

Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking - Daniel C. Dennett This book reads more like a science book than a philosophy book. The author, a philosopher, uses the tools of philosophy to fill in the blanks about how we proceed with science.

The book starts off by how we sometimes can be mislead by 'intuition pumps", thought experiments, and how we should correctly use them. He sets up the listener in how to think about problems and then delves into some big problems, such as design within the universe and what does it mean, and what is consciousness and how to think about it.

The author is a philosopher but is much more interested in understanding the scientific method as opposed to the meaning of words.

I've listened to most of the science books audible has available and a book like this helps me see beyond just the science but also how to think about the science.

This author had a theme throughout this whole book. That the start of all understanding first comes about by realizing the role of evolution in the design of all non-trivial systems.

I will read more of this author's work.

P.S. I did end up reading more of this author's work, and it made me disappointed in this book, because he copies most of this book from his other books. I like this book, but it turns out to be redundant if you've read his other work.