A Tear at the Edge of Creation: A Radical New Vision for Life in an Imperfect Universe - Marcelo Gleiser The books I've been reading lately have been to help me learn about the universe and our place in it. This book has helped in that goal better than any other single book I've read in the past year or so.

He starts with a theory that beauty comes from imperfection and the theories of everything need a perfect universe to make sense and our real understanding comes about realizing the imperfections in nature and that the universe is imperfect. He goes on to explain how it takes imperfections and biases to make a universe and intelligent life to occupy the universe.

Everything he discusses he explains clearly and with marvelous analogies. He talks about how the imbalance of matter with anti-matter led to our universe and that all life on earth is left handed at the molecular level. He talks about the big bang to dark energy and dark matter, life on other planets, evolution of man and what makes us humans so special.

Inflation Theory was based on a Grand Unified Theory that turned out to not be true, but it led to an understanding of Inflation Theory which is widely accepted. Having a perfect science is not as important as continually to learn about our place in the universe.

This book is one of the best survey science books about what is needed to know about our place in the universe. I highly recommend it. The book is so good, I'm hoping the Discovery Channel does a ten part series on it!